Savory Immune Enhancing Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh, organic mushrooms, sliced: Shitake, Maitake, Chaga, and/or Reishi
- ¼ cup fresh organic parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream or organic yogurt
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour or gluten free flour substitute
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tbsp paprika (also consider adding turmeric)
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté in the oil for 5 minutes (until the onion is translucent).
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 5 min.
- Stir in dill, paprika, soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
- Stir in the salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and coconut cream/ yogurt. Mix and continue heating on low for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish as desired.