To schedule an appointment, please call (480) 205-6733. I generally take appointments Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
These hours may be subject to change. Messages left after appointment hours will be returned either within 24 hours, or the following Monday if it is a weekend. Because I do not provide emergency medical services, please go to your nearest emergency room or dial 911 if you have a medical emergency
Your first consultation will be approximately 75 to 90 minutes long. During that time I will review your past medical and health history in detail, review any lab work and medical records you bring with you, do a physical examination as necessary, discuss your health goals, and recommend a treatment plan. I may order additional lab testing, as indicated.
To make the most of your first appointment, please
- Inform me of the reason for your appointment when scheduling. This allows me to prepare efficiently for your appointment.
- Fill out the intake form completely and bring it with you. This helps to give me a complete picture of your overall health and also helps me determine how to best focus our time during this visit.
- Bring all the supplements and medications you are taking with you unless they require refrigeration. My goal is to provide you with the best options for improving your health. Knowing what you are already taking is important in coordinating the best plan for you.
- Bring copies of all recent lab result and reports. This will help me determine if you need any additional testing and which tests may be necessary in order to evaluate your particular case.
- Please arrive on time. Your appointment time is reserved for you alone. I do not see anyone else during your appointment time and I make every effort to stay on schedule.
Follow up appointments are usually scheduled at four, six, eight, or twelve week intervals. Your follow up appointments will be approximately 30 minutes long. At that time we will discuss your response to the therapies, any new labs, and I will update your treatment plan.
Because of the unique nature of my practice style, I do not accept insurance. Insurance reimbursement for Naturopathic services varies both from state to state and from company to company and is not guaranteed. That said, patients cannot submit their receipts to Medicare, Tri-Care, or AHCCCS (the Arizona Medicaid) for reimbursement because Naturopathic services are not covered.
Payment for services is expected at the time of service. Nutritional supplements, homeopathics, botanical medicines and lab tests are an additional expense. I accept cash, checks and credit cards.
As a general rule, I rarely prescribe drugs. I will not automatically renew a prescription for a medication prescribed by another doctor. I recommend you see your primary care physician to discuss your prescription drug needs.
If you live far from Scottsdale, AZ and are interested in working with me remotely, I will be happy to support your journey to health as a consultant. With telehealth consultations I am able to work with you no matter where you are located, in the comfort of your own home. You will still receive personalized care and recommendations. A virtual consultation does not create a doctor-patient relationship between us because it does not provide the same benefits as having a local physician who can provide you with a physical exam, a diagnosis, or a prescription medication when needed. However, I can provide you with the perspective and coaching that helps you create a healthier life.